Shortlister hosted Jonathon Short, President of Marquee Health, and Dave Pawlowski, licensed clinician and Vice President of Administration at CuraLinc Healthcare, in our “Meet-a-Vendor” webinar series to introduce Marquee Health’s newest emotional health offering, Computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (cCBT). Marquee Health offers a full suite of wellness programs with a core competency in Lifestyle Health Coaching and Behavior Modification. Marquee Health firmly believes in the value of one-on-one behavior modification and empowering individuals to successfully live healthier.
To start, Jonathon went over a few items that make Marquee unique:
- A ‘Total Well-Being’ Approach to Wellness
- Masters-Level Health Educators with Employee Benefit Background
- Third-Party Wellness Solution with Medical Plan and PHM Integration
- Custom Incentive Options, including Participatory, Activity-Based and Outcome-Based
- Scalable and Flexible Plan Design Options
Over the past 3-4 years, Marquee Health has added a number of components to complement their physical health resources. It all starts with their Health Coaching programs and the addition of Mental Health clinicians and certified financial planners to complement the Master degree health educators. Marquee Health added Behavioral Health components and activities to every coaching program that they offer. They also added an entire new coaching program to specifically address some of the areas discussed:
- UCENTS: Financial Fitness
- U&YOURS: Family Health
- UBALANCE: Stress Management
Next, Dave explained how 1 in 4 people struggle with mental health challenges every year. Moreover, 70 percent of those who suffer do not receive effective care support, and almost 60 percent receive no treatment at all. Poor mental health and inadequate treatment increase health care costs and decrease productivity. For this reason, Marquee Health implemented Computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (cCBT). This program provides participants with personalized, evidence-based resources that strengthen mental health and overall well-being.
Dave went over only some of the reasons for why Marquee Health is very excited about offering cCBT to their clients:
- User-directed digital Behavioral Health Treatment for Depression, Anxiety, Stress, and Substance Abuse
- Evidence-based content and practical resources to foster meaningful behavior change
- Personalized eLearning Programs supported by simple tools, weekly exercises, and daily inspiration
- Web and mobile platforms
- Connectivity to wellness website
- Referrals from Marquee Health Coaches.
In January 2017, Marquee Health offered the cCBT program to 4 of their clients with approximately 20,000 employees. The results of this program are as follows:
- 13% Annualized utilization rate
- 93% of users had not called EAP in past 24 months
- 59% of users with Severe Depression moved out of ‘clinical’ (acute) range
- Users reported a 53% reduction in missed work hours due to MH concern
As a health improvement provider, Marquee Health is constantly looking for innovative ways to incorporate emotional health with more traditional physical and financial wellness programs.
If you are a user of Shortlister, click here to access the full Meet a Vendor presentation
If you are not a user of Shortlister, click here to request access to view this presentation