Shortlister hosted Sean Fogarty, David Pawlowski, LCPC, CEAP, SAP and Jonathon Short with Animo, to find out how technology has opened new access points and care delivery avenues for people suffering from depression, stress and anxiety.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), over 1 in 4 Americans lives with a diagnosable mental health disorder. In addition, mental health concerns have a significant and measurable impact on wellbeing, productivity and health care costs:
- 1 in 8 ER visits in the US involves a mental health or substance use disorder
- People with a chronic health condition and a comorbid behavioral health condition can cost up to 3x more than those without the comorbidity
- 63% of employees report workplace stress has a significant impact on their mental health
- Employees with depression consume 2 to 4 times the healthcare resources of other enrollees
- Every year, employers lose 27 work days per employee with depression
- Almost 1 in 5 of Health Risk Assessment (HRA) participants are at risk for anxiety, depression or stress
- People with depression accrue average annual health care costs of $14,967, compared with a $5,929 average for the total population
Furthermore, over 56% of American adults with a mental illness do not receive treatment due to a combination of stigma and accessibility to care:
- Nearly 40% of Americans seeking mental health care must wait longer than 1 week for treatment
- Over 123 million Americans live in mental health professional shortage areas
- By 2025, the US will have a 10,000 FTE shortfall of mental health professionals
- The average person waits 8 to 10 years after the onset of initial symptoms before seeking treatment
- 40% of millennials and 40% of Gen Z worry about being judged for seeking mental health services
- 80% of workers with a mental health condition report that shame and stigma prevent them from seeking treatment
Today, more than ever, health management strategies must include digital behavioral health resources - or risk missing engagement opportunities with members who may not (or cannot) use more traditional avenues to access care.
Animo is an innovative digital behavioral health platform developed by a team of leading psychologists and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) experts. Their technology-fueled, or ‘computerized’, solution is based on the foundation of CBT. It provides users with a wide array of personalized tools and resources that foster measurable and lasting behavior change.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based discipline that has been used for generations to treat mood disorders such as depression and anxiety. CBT is grounded in the 'here and now' and teaches practical skills and coping strategies to address mental distress.
cCBT, or computerized cognitive behavioral therapy, extends the reach of CBT by providing users with around-the-clock web and mobile access to personalized mental health resources. cCBT meets the needs of people who are unwilling or unable to participate in traditional CBT; and also delivers care in rural areas or to those living in mental health professional shortage areas.
Animo’s unique approach to cCBT offers a variety of self-directed dynamic resources that improve emotional fitness, reduce the stigma associated with mental health treatment and enhance overall well-being. Their digital behavioral health platform is accessible via web or mobile, provides a measurable impact on depression, stress, and anxiety, and offers additional modules for sleep management, mindfulness, and opioid abuse (pain management).
Animo offers two different plan options to fit all budgets.
- Their Core offering begins with an emotional fitness survey, then maps users to modules in depression, stress or anxiety categories. Core also includes access to a broad spectrum of digital mental health tools.
- Their Enhanced plan design includes all of the Core elements, plus unlimited 24/7 access to emotional health coaching.
Both of Animo’s plan options:
- Feature innovative digital (web and mobile) behavioral health platform
- Offer barrier-free around-the-clock access to mental health resources
- Meet the needs of people unwilling/unable to participate in traditional CBT
- Provide options for care in rural and mental health professional shortage areas
- Engage the ‘un-engageable’ and fills MHSA treatment gaps
- Easily connect/integrate with other PHM programs
- Deliver measurable impact on stress, depression and anxiety
Animo’s solution meets the mental health needs of today’s workforce by providing clients with full scope support during implementation and beyond via the following:
- Client Services
- Single point of contact
- Accountability for partnership success
- Facilitate technology and care delivery integration
- Co-branding and while-labeled options available
- Desktop and mobile platforms
- Single sign-on (SSO) integration
- 12-month promotional calendar
- Self-serve communication toolkit
- Animo reporting portal: real-time admin access at a partner and group level
- Three reporting tiers: Detail, Aggregate and Completion
If you are a user of Shortlister, click here to access the full Meet a Vendor presentation
If you are not a user of Shortlister, click here to request access to view this presentation