Limited visibility and trust in their company’s workforce data results in a constant struggle to maintain appropriate staffing levels across functional teams and to accurately project the company’s future headcount — a core component of delivering an accurate workforce plan.
risks of not utilizing position management
Since most HR and payroll systems are built with particular information about position — title, location, pay rate — tied directly to an employee record (as in, the person who presently occupies that position), the position and the person are indistinguishable.
This creates numerous headaches for team members, such as:
• Disappearing data When an employee is promoted, changes roles, or leaves the organization the employee record is altered or deleted — along with all the information about the role.
• Limited visibility into staffing needs or vacancies Many teams find that they can’t even be sure what roles they have to fill or whether they’re hiring for new requisitions or back-fills because of a lack of information. The data deleted along with an employee record is critical for HR teams to see open or ”unoccupied” positions. Without it, they’re mostly guessing.
• Error-prone processes for updating deleted information Compiling data from multiple spreadsheets and systems into a unified single source of truth is time-consuming and fraught with risk of miskeyed entries or other mistakes common to manual processes.
sync hr's solution
By storing position and employee data separately and linking them together, crucial information about a particular position remains in the database — accurate and current — even if an employee leaves. Specifically, a position-first workforce data approach means HR leaders and other executives can:
• Bridge finance and HR operations with on-demand headcount budget or staffing plan adjustments based on open/filled job requisition and historical labor cost trends
This approach spares overburdened HR and payroll teams from having to manually recreate position and employee data repeatedly. More importantly, the persistence of the data also brings greater visibility into the current state of the business along with historical context, enabling teams to uncover and quickly capitalize on new staffing and business opportunities.
full hcm suite of products
SyncHR empowers employers with a full HCM suite of product and is distinctly better in the following ways:
• Single system for HR/Benefits/Payroll: Payroll is more accurate, can be run without downtime, and allows for distribution of work to the enterprise.
• Employee development platform: Increases engagement by enabling purposeful-learning, continuous feedback, collaboration, skill building, and career development.
• Analytics and reporting capabilities: Allows HR teams to extract deep insight into the organizational health of their business