Shortlister hosted Lacey Loehr, Director of Employer Programs at Pacify, to discuss their strategic partnership with Medela that is reinventing how employers support women and growing families in the workplace.
Medela is a well-established brand that has been trusted by breastfeeding moms for decades. They provide high-quality breastpumps, breastfeeding accessories, and education to support the parenting journey. Pacify is a cutting-edge prenatal and postpartum technology that provides 24/7 on-demand access to pediatric experts. Together, their program is a comprehensive, cost-effective solution that helps employees navigate pregnancy, parenthood, and the transition back to work.
Currently, the maternity status quo is failing working parents and straining benefits budgets. Here are some key data points to consider:
- 80% of pediatric ER visits are dismissed as non-urgent, a $10B cost to employers.
- 43% of women leave the workforce within 3 months of childbirth, costing $40B in churn.
- Only 22% of moms breastfeed for 6 months as recommended by the WHO, adding $4B in employer claims.
Medela and Pacify have teamed up to launch a turnkey solution that addresses the most pressing needs of modern families and their employers. From on-demand pediatric support to market-leading products and education, this program is helping employers:
- Keep working parents happy, engaged, and productive.
- Improve health outcomes for mom and baby.
- Increase retention and drive down claims cost.
Medela at Work’s educational component is designed for both employees and employers. For employees, it helps them to prepare, plan, and successfully breastfeed when the baby is born and when mom transitions back to work. For employers, the program provides resources and information to help support their breastfeeding employees. There is also a streamlined pump ordering feature that helps mom seamlessly order a breast pump online that is covered by insurance.
Pacify’s 24/7 support includes:
- On-demand support and a market-leading response time (average answer time: 27 seconds, 24/7 – no appointments, no waiting).
- Providers with the highest designation in their field focused on the main challenges employees experience during pregnancy and early parenthood.
- Unlimited access to a custom network of nurses, lactation consultants, and dietitians.
- Video-enabled interaction via live video chats with their nationwide networks.
This program is simple to launch and maintain - employees can start enrolling in just 30 days. It can be funded either by replacing the maternity component of an existing solution or as an add-on benefit. Most importantly, the data shows that members use and love the program. The service has 40 times greater utilization than traditional nurse lines and an average user rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars across thousands of consultations.
Please click here to request access to view this presentation